Pikesville Animal Hospital is looking for experienced individuals to join our growing team of passionate professionals. We have positions open for client services representatives and veterinary technicians.
Pikesville Animal Hospital was founded in 2008 with the mission to provide advanced veterinary care to pets and personal service to every client. We are a busy three doctor practice that treats small animals. We have assembled a dedicated and experienced team and equipped our hospital to deliver the care that we would want for our own pets. We are a recently AAHA accredited hospital that offers laparoscopic surgery, ultrasonography, digital radiology, endoscopy, in hospital laboratory, as well as emergency and urgent care.
We provide a supportive yet challenging environment where you will be encouraged to use your skills as a technician and advance in your career. If you enjoy learning new things every day in a fun environment, this is the place for you!
Veterinary Technician Required Skills
- Obtain vitals and patient history
- Cystocentesis and urinalysis, fecal collection and analysis, jugular/cephalic and saphenous vein blood collection, microhematocrit, total protein
- Digital radiography, IM/ IV and subcutaneous injections, skin scrapings, intubation, extubation, surgical scrub, post surgery clean-up, and sterilization methods and procedures
- Setup anesthesia equipment and monitor patient
- Assist in outpatient procedures, surgery, and induction of general anesthesia
- Prepare and stain slides for cytology and hematological analysis, administer medications/drugs and vaccines under vet's supervision, calculate proper rates and administer IV fluids, calculate dosages and administer injectable drugs
- Surgical instrument and equipment maintenance
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in fast paced environment
- Good communication skills and client education
Our front office staff are valued for building client relationships and meeting their needs in an efficient and friendly manner.
Client Services Representative
- Answering telephones and scheduling appointments
- Weigh and check in patients
- Financial transactions
- Filling prescriptions
- Acquire previous medical records for patients
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with Cornerstone Software is a plus
Benefits for all positions include paid vacation, 401k package, health insurance and paid continuing education.
If you are interested in joining our team please email your resume to our practice manager
Dana Mazur [email protected]